Sunday, February 17, 2008

winter sport at FBF



well, the blog seems to be getting good reviews so far, but one enthusiast (who wishes to remain anonymous, we'll call her M and only say that she lives in a densely populated area in the northern hemisphere) would like to see some current photos of the quaint rural life we lead here at FBF.

the past week has been great for x-c skiiing. JM has much more fashionable clothes for this activity. it's annoying that she can still wear her wool knickers from college. i can still wear my baggy gray sweatpants from the '90s.

a sad note is that just before christmas the roof on the old barn opposite collapsed. we knew it would happen sooner or later as the landlord had totally neglected it. now i can worry that the five horses are still wandering around it, and the chickens too. [it seems that i can't add another photo here; not enough storage space...i'm still trying to figure this thing out.]

soon i will write about how JL and i got locked in scott's chicken coop and learned the meaning of "nest egg." never a dull moment, always entertaining to those from that same densely populated area where she also lives. i hope this isn't giving too much away.

will see if i can "post" more photos on another "post". it is also interesting to know that our field is "posted," meaning we have those rather old-fashioned signs nailed up on trees to notify the deer hunters that no hunting is allowed.

1 comment:

Peter (EarlGrey) said...

Hello Julia
The weather is really strange. The most snow that I have seen this year is in your photos... I get so jealous when see you skiing... If I want to move cross country at my fathers farm I have to roam the fields in rubber boots with mud up to my neck. Well that is perhaps not so bad but I want to ski.
/Peter

Powered By Blogger

My Blog List

About Me

too far north, United States
you all know plenty about me